Robot vacuums solve the problem of spending time vacuuming when you have so many other things to do, but technology usually comes at a price. Luckily though, if you have been wishing for a robot vacuum you can afford, there are quite a few highly recommended ones.
This review will introduce you to the best robot vacuum under $200. These products do not compromise quality and performance and yet they still remain budget friendly.
Comparison Of The 5 Best Robot Vacuums Under $200
Best Robot Vacuum Under $200 Reviews
ILIFE V3s Pro
If you have hairy pets, this is a robot vacuum you may like. It is quite efficient when it comes to picking dirt and hair from hardwood floors. It also has brushes that can sweep the corners and edges of the house and its low profile, makes it easy for it to go under furniture and clean the areas where dirt tends to hide. I particularly like the mopping function.
It can be scheduled to clean at a particular time every day and it will return to its dock, you can also instruct it to clean with the press of a single button. Its tangle-free technology is a big plus when dealing with pet hair since you will not have a situation like I did when I came home to find the robot had stopped working because the brushes were entangled in pet hair.
- It is able to clean edges and corners of the home so dirt and hair cannot hide in those spots
- It performs well on hardwood floors
- It has an obstacle sensor which prevents it from bumping into things and if it does, there is a plastic bumper to cushion the impact
- It is able to mop
- There are also cliff sensors which prevent it from falling down the stairs
- It is well designed to look good and its small size enables it fit under furniture where dust hides
- It is quite easy to use
- Cleaning out the dustbin seems to be a challenge many people have complained about.
I am drawn to this vacuum because of its direct suction which prevents hairs from getting tangled in the brush. I also realize that when you pick it up, it will automatically stop and when you set it down it will continue vacuuming. (That is just interesting but serves no purpose). Interesting features aside, when it comes to functionality, it is quite impressive. It is able to concentrate on a particular spot to ensure it is dirt free.
It also is able to adjust its height according to the floor type which makes it good for both hard floors and low pile carpets. Its runtime is approximately 120 minutes which I find sufficient for a medium sized home. You can also use it upstairs and not worry that it will fall down since it has drop sensors. When it comes to its look, the black gives it a modern appearance. All in all, it is quite good for the price.
- There is no problem with hairs getting entangled since it has brushless suction
- It can adjust its height according to the floor type so you can use it on hard floor and carpets
- It has a reasonably long battery runtime of 120 minutes before it returns to the dock for charging
- It has a HEPA filter which makes it good for people with allergies and pets
- It sucks up more dirt since it concentrates on particular areas with more dirt before it moves to the next.
- It comes with a remote but the remote does not come with batteries so it is not exactly ready to use.
For wood and tile floors, this vacuum performs its task well. It is able to vacuum and then follow it up by mopping. The bin can store dirt and hair from the whole house so that even if you have programmed it to vacuum while you are away, you will not return to find that it has stopped because of a full bin. It also has a reasonable battery run time of 90 minutes.
Its sensors are able to prevent it from bumping into things as well as falling down stairs. It features 2 detachable brushes, and the HEPA filters can also be removed and used for reuse. The bin is easy to empty and you can wash it easily too. Generally, you are getting a nice smart vacuum that will clean your hard floors and low pile carpets.
- Care and maintenance for this vacuum is easy and affordable
- It has powerful suction which gets most of the dirt and hair from hard floors and low carpets
- It is reasonably quiet during operation so it will not disturb you as it does its work
- It doesn’t only sweep and vacuum but also mops which gives you more time to do other things
- 90 minutes of battery runtime is fairly enough
- If you have humps in the room it is vacuuming like room dividers, it is likely to get stuck rolling over them.
I would specifically recommend this vacuum to people who like to sanitize their homes whenever they clean. It comes equipped with UV sanitizer which will kill bacteria and it also freshens the air in the room to leave it smelling nice and clean. If you do not want your robot vacuum going into certain spaces, this one comes with Sonic Wall technology which will keep the robot within a particular area.
You can choose to schedule it for up to 7 days and it will begin vacuuming and recharging even when you are not around, the only thing is you need to empty the bin after 2 to 3 cleaning cycles and at times if the room is very dusty, you may need to do it more often. You can also choose what kind of cleaning pattern it should use depending on the spaces. Its sensors also detect objects including a pet lying on the floor and it will steer clear of such objects while still getting the dirt around them.
- It uses UV technology to sanitize the floor as it vacuums
- It can leave rooms smelling fresher than they were before which is good for pet owners
- It comes with Sonic Wall technology so that you can restrict its cleaning to a particular room
- There are a number of cleaning patterns so cleaning is more effective
- It has strong suction
- It cannot transition from hard floor to carpet or vice versa
For a vacuum under 200 dollars, this is quite impressive, and that is not just because you get a handheld vacuum free when you purchase the V300s. It has two suction modes with one that I would recommend for carpets and the normal one which I would recommend for floors. It is also impressive how it is able to climb onto carpets and then back to the hard floor with ease and it seems to suck out dirt from deep inside the carpet- which is what I believe judging from the contents of the bin.
I noticed you can even have a bit of fun with it, using the remote just to guide it around like a remote control toy, this actually comes in handy if you think it has missed a spot, but it rarely does. There is also an App but it does not seem to work well.
- You get a complementary handheld vacuum when you purchase it
- It has to suction modes with one being super strong and good for carpets
- It can transition with ease from hard floor to carpet and back
- It has a voice notification to let you know when it has successfully returned to the dock to recharge or when it has finished vacuuming
- It is easy to install the App on your phone but it doesn’t seem to work well so the remote is the best option
What to Consider When Choosing A Robot Vacuum Under $200
You may find a number of robot vacuums under 200 dollars but the truth is not all of them will be worth the money even if it may seem like a budget-friendly price. So to help you make the right choice, here are a few things you need to put into consideration.
Many budget gadgets tend to sacrifice durability in order to lower the cost. Sometimes you find that the material used on the outside is soft and cheap plastic which will eventually break. You also need to know if the motor and the filters will last long as those are very important components of the vacuum and they can determine how long it will serve you.
Just because the vacuum is budget friendly does not mean you should compromise performance, otherwise, you will end up with a robot toy for your pet or children to chase around. The vacuum needs to be able to actually eliminate dirt and debris along with hair which are the most common things it will have to pick up from the floor. Performance will include its suction power, as well as other technical functions it will have.
Again because of the budget-friendly price, many manufacturers may sacrifice accessories. You have to consider if you are willing to do without certain accessories. Sometimes you may not get the remote and have to walk up to the robot to press a button to get it to start working. Simple things like batteries for the remote may also need to be purchased. Always find out what accessories the budget vacuum comes with and consider if you can do without it or if you are ready to spend extra to buy a particular accessory.
It is important that every vacuum worth the name vacuum, is able to provide efficient filtration without the ability to filter tiny particles of dirt, the vacuum will just end up spraying the same particles right back into the air and that can even trigger allergies. Never compromise on filtration just because you would like to pay less. There are robot vacuums under 200 dollars that still provide good filtration.
For your own good, find out what warranty of guaranty comes on the product you wish to purchase. If you find that it does not perform to your expectation, you should be able to either return it with no questions asked or if there is a problem, you would want to have it fixed at no cost to you or even receive replacement.
It is always nice to have added features that make the experience of having the robot vacuum even better. Robots need to have a certain wow factor of modern age technology so do not settle for a vacuum that can only suck up dirt and that is it, unless of course, that is what you want. Features like the ability to schedule the vacuum, use an app or change cleaning modes will come in handy and make life even simpler for you.
Ease of use
Some vacuums tend to be complicated, find a vacuum that will be easy for you to use or for whoever you intend to give it to as a gift.
Well, the scores are in now and it is time to crown the best robot vacuum under $200. The ILIFE V3s pro robot vacuum is the winner in this tight race. It comes from a family of great performers with impressive technology.
This V3s is ideal for wooden floors. For people who do not have the time to vacuum or mop, this is probably something they will appreciate since it can do both.
Its ability also to clean the edges of the wall is impressive since many other vacuums may fail to get dust in such areas. Just because it is the favorite though, does not mean the other vacuums are not worth choosing so if any of them impressed you, go right ahead and you should not be disappointed.