Are you searching for a high-performance ash vacuum that can also serve as an ordinary vacuum for the home or office? This PowerSmith ash vacuum is exactly that and it has received 5-star rating from a number of customers and experts.
You probably would think with all that hype it is going to be way out of your budget, but surprisingly it is not. In my opinion, this is the best choice one could make and I will show you why in this review.
Who is it intended for?
The PowerSmith is an ash vacuum so naturally, it is intended for people with fireplaces that they make use of or any other place where you burn wood, coal or whatever and end up with ash that needs to be cleaned fast and with no risk of ash particles flying in the air. I would recommend it to anyone who would want to get absolute value for money from an ash vacuum.
PowerSmith PAVC101 Ash Vacuum Features
Fire resistant design
The vacuum was made to resist fire and withstand high temperatures. Right from the nozzle, you will find that the inside of the hose is lined with fire-resistant metal, the canister too is all metallic and the top filter is heat resistant so if you accidentally sucked up hot coal, there would be no risk of burning any of the components that it may get into contact with. It is important though to remember that this vacuum is intended for cold to warm ash so do not intentionally use it on hot ash just because it is fire resistant.
The 2 filter system is made to ensure no ash gets to the motor. The first layer is also designed to be heat resistant so in case any hot chunks find their way into the canister, they will not be able to get to the motor and they will not burn the filter.
The second filter ensures that even the fine ash or dust that escapes the first filter will not go any further. At the same time, the filters are made to resist clogging so your vacuum will perform well at all times. These filters are easy to manage as you can remove them and wash them, then put them back.
Although it is made as an ash vacuum and it performs this task quite well, this vacuum also comes with other tools and features that make it a good dry vacuum for other cleaning tasks around the home. Its wheeled base, for example, means it is a lot easier to move around as you vacuum.
It also comes with the accessories you would need to vacuum carpets or hardwood floors. We can safely assert that this is an all-around vacuum.
The motor is able to provide strong suction. This 10 Amp motor will provide steady suction to ensure nothing is left behind. Interestingly though is unlike most motors with such power, this one is reasonably quiet. Its noise level is at 79 dB.
For an ash vacuum, this motor is just right to get the job done quickly. The motor is also durable as long as it is used according to the manufacturer's guide and well cared for.
Sometimes you may unintentionally suck up hot chunks of coal or wood. This vacuum has heat sensors that will minimize any risk this may cause. The heat sensors will trigger an auto shut off of the system so that no damage is caused. Without this sensor, the fun may continue blowing and that could easily fan the hot ember resulting in a fire within the canister.
- 2 layer filter system with washable fire resistant filters
- Designed for warm to cold ash but made with heat resistant steel for safety
- Comes with additional accessories (brush nozzle, 2 extension wands, turbo nozzle)
- 16-foot cord to enable use as a regular vacuum
- Onboard accessory storage
- 10Amp motor with quiet operation
- Wheelbase for mobility
- It is an ash vacuum that can be used also for dry vacuuming which saves you from having to buy a separate one for ordinary vacuuming
- Even though it has a strong motor, it is reasonably quiet
- It is favourably priced in comparison to other vacuums with similar ability
- It is easy to move around since it has a wheelbase
- It has onboard accessory storage which helps you keep everything in one place
- Care for the filters is easy since you can wash them and reuse
- You can also use it as a blower
- The hose and code are long enough to allow you free movement away from the socket
- It is a bit short so tall people need to keep on bending to move it around by the handle otherwise you would need to drag it by the hose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How often do you have to empty it?
A. It is recommended that you empty it after every cleaning task, it has a total capacity of 3 gallons but you do not have to wait for it to fill up before you empty it.
Can it work on drywall dust?
A. It handles fine ash quite well so it should be able to handle drywall dust as well
The PowerSmith ash vacuum is really a class apart, you can be sure that it's high ranking among consumers is not just by chance, it is a great performer and yet its price is quite favourable under 100 dollars.
If you are interested in a vacuum that is both strong and safe, this is one we would recommend and you will also be able to use it for other vacuuming tasks.